The Padi Foundation takes the plunge with marine research projects other funders might refuse
- The Padi Foundation prefers marine research that is unlikely to be funded elsewhere.
- Bids that include hefty travel expenses are unlikely to be selected; if the project involves fieldwork, the foundation prefers researchers to already be on site.
- Just because these are small grants, that does not mean that the budget should be unclear.
- Very early-career researchers are welcome to apply.
- Do not ask to use Padi Foundation grants as top-ups to larger projects funded elsewhere, unless it is for a discrete project that arose from the larger one.
The California-based non-profit group the Padi Foundation gives small grants to individuals looking to conduct research or educational activities related to ocean and coastal environments as well as diving physics and physiology.