The British Heart Foundation is happy to help Translational Award applicants improve their bids. Ben Upton hears from Natasa Levicar, a senior research adviser at the charity, on what else applicants can do to raise their chances.
Natasa’s top tips
- Contact the British Heart Foundation as early as possible to discuss your bid.
- Draft your bid with a technology transfer office.
- Make sure your project has clearly defined milestones.
- Make sure you have some preliminary data.
- Demonstrate commercial viability.
The British Heart Foundation’s Translational Awards offer up to £750,000 for a maximum of three years to support UK-based researchers in taking early-stage cardiovascular technologies closer to market. The scheme’s next deadline for outline applications is 15 October.