The International Union of Academies' prizes offer a pot of cash and bags of prestige
- This year all submissions must be in the fields of linguistics, philology, sociology, law or political science
- Match up your project to one of the Union of Academies’ long-running programmes, which it calls ‘projects’
- Make sure your project is the right size to match the €6,000 (£5,375) award
- Innovation is a key criterion for selection
- The UAI welcomes applications that link up to larger projects and contain an aspect of international collaboration
Founded in Paris in 1919 with its secretariat based in Brussels, the International Union of Academies (Union Académique Internationale or UAI) comprises more than a hundred academies and learned societies from 63 countries, including the British Academy.