The Royal Historical Society supports 200 early career researchers a year via its grant schemes
- Interdisciplinary applications are accepted but the focus of the project must be historical and be approached in an historical manner
- Attention to detail matters—the society places importance on well-written, spellchecked applications
- Applications without references will not be accepted—give referees plenty of notice before applying
- Check that you are only applying for costs that are eligible under the scheme
- Postdocs stay tuned because the society will soon launch a small (£2,000 grants) fellowship scheme for you
The Royal Historical Society has long been a beacon of support for historians at the start of their careers. It aims to support around 200 UK-based early career researchers with awards totalling just over £60,000 a year.