A scheme linking UK and US funders looks to help museums improve digital access
- Bids must be collaborative, with at least one organisation from the UK and one from the US and each country represented by at least one cultural institution
- Innovation and transformational impact are highly valued on applications
- Including team members with experience in IT or related engineering and physical sciences disciplines could be a wise move
- If applicants feel their research does not fit within the call’s themes they can propose their own if there is a good rationale
- Be wary of the slight differences in application for the UK and US partners
The New Directions for Digital Scholarship in Cultural Institutions scheme is a joint funding scheme from the Arts and Humanities Research Council and the US National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).