Career development scheme aims to build clinical research skills in sub-Saharan Africa
- Make sure you have a senior mentor who is willing to help with the application.
- Find out if there are any previous fellows in your institution who can provide advice.
- Read the eligibility and evaluation criteria carefully to avoid being caught out.
- Address a clear research question, which can be embedded in a larger project.
- Talk about the wider impacts of your project.
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership has funded research on poverty-related diseases in sub-Saharan Africa since 2004. The programme’s Career Development Fellowships offer up to €150,000 to help early-career and mid-career researchers develop their clinical research skills.