The Future of UK Treescapes programme seeks to provide multidisciplinary evidence for tree-planting policy
- Bids must be genuinely multidisciplinary, not environmental science projects with other elements tacked on.
- Applications should not necessarily be led by environmental scientists, and in some cases that would be inappropriate.
- The deadline is several months away to give researchers time to build the multidisciplinary teams necessary; UKRI will help with matchmaking in that regard.
- There is a £2m cap on bids and UKRI expects most projects to be large.
- Applicants should keep the strategic nature of the call in mind.
UK Research and Innovation’s Future of UK Treescapes programme launched its first call, for multidisciplinary bids of up to £2 million, on 2 September.