Open Research Area call involves UK, France, Germany and Canada, with Japan an additional partner
- You must explicitly discuss in the application how the teams will collaborate.
- Tokenistic collaborations, or projects where international teams work in parallel with little real collaboration, will be weeded out.
- Familiarise yourself with the French funder’s application system.
- Take care to observe the eligibility rules of each funder.
- Applicants can only be involved in one proposal—or both proposals will be rejected.
The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in the UK, the Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) in France, the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) in Germany and the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) have joined forces for the seventh call of the Open Research Area social science programme.