US funder offers major grants for emerging leaders in fundamental neuropsychiatry
- The Rising Star Awards should be considered both personal and project grants.
- Demonstration of leadership potential is an important criterion for selection.
- Fundamental research on psychological and psychiatric conditions is very welcome, but the route to patient benefit must be well explained.
- One Mind is looking for ‘step change’ research, not incremental improvements.
- Early intervention and prevention are growing interests for the funder.
North of San Francisco, in California’s wine-growing heartland of the Napa Valley, is an independent funder with big ambitions for psychiatry and neuroscience research. And a music festival.