Openness to perspectives from across nutrition and crop science is essential to the specialist funder
- Do not let the New Lecturer Awards’ relatively small size put you off from applying—these are career-boosting awards.
- Proposals need to focus both on the project and the person.
- Check online to see who is on the evaluation committee.
- Have your proposal viewed by as many people from across nutrition and crop science as you can.
- Considering the perspectives of those in other disciplines will pay off at interview.
A mainstay of the funding landscape for those in nutrition and crop science, the Rank Prize’s New Lecturer Awards offer up to £25,000 for projects that can be completed within two years. They are intended for those at lecturer level within a UK university who have been in post for less than two years. Applicants not on a permanent contract may apply but must show they have an agreement with an organisation that they can perform research with lecturer-level classification.