NIHR’s £10 million social care scheme gives a much-needed boost to research in this field
- All sizes of study are welcome, all the way up to projects of a scale rarely attempted in social care research
- Those proposing larger studies should be ambitious
- Involvement of social care users is essential
- Incorporation of capacity-building elements in proposals is highly recommended
- The scheme welcomes research on possible innovations in social care, but also seeks to examine the evidence base underlying existing practices
The National Institute for Health and Care Research has launched its Research Programme for Social Care, which aims to fund research that generates evidence to improve, expand and strengthen the way social care is provided.