The British Ecological Society’s funding is open to scientists all around the world
- The society only supports projects where it can be the majority funder.
- Grants are open to all members, regardless of career stage.
- Track record is considered but is balanced by assessment of impact an award would have on the applicant’s career.
- Grants are relatively small so ensure your proposal is realistic.
- Show evidence-based impact and clear methodology—these are highly valued by reviewers.
The British Ecological Society is now into its 110th year of existence—but this is its first profile in Funding Insight. The BES’s Research Grants are an important part of its work and ensure not only that the society maintains an active role in ecological science but also that it supports the next generation of ecologists as they build their careers.