Go back

Housing ministry seeks chief scientist

The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government has begun its search for a chief scientific adviser, following months of pressure from researchers and MPs to recruit one.

The CSA will provide “specific scientific, technical and engineering advice” on the ministry’s policy. They must be a “highly credible scientist, engineer or technologist”, the department said in the job advertisement.

They will also oversee the building safety expert advisory panels and mechanisms that the ministry has set up in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017. “[The appointment] is even more critical following the Grenfell Tower tragedy,” the job advert said. “The CSA needs to understand buildings and engineering; key sectors the department works with; supply chains and industry players; and wider community respect.” 

This article on Research Professional News is only available to Research Professional or Pivot-RP users.

Research Professional users can log in and view the article via this link

Pivot-RP users can log in and view the article via this link.