Go back

Gove confirms UK and EU have agreed research part of deal

Image: Number 10 [CC BY-NC-ND 2.0], via Flickr

Minister says terms of Horizon participation agreed, raising hopes of collaboration if Brexit talks fail

Cabinet minister Michael Gove has told MPs that the terms of the UK’s participation in the Horizon Europe research programme and the Erasmus student exchange scheme have already been agreed in trade talks with the EU.

His comments follow Irish prime minister Micheál Martin’s comment earlier this month that “97 per cent of this deal has been negotiated, across the judicial, security, research, a whole range of areas. The remaining 3 per cent should not be beyond the capacity of both sides to bridge.”

This article is only available to *Research Professional subscribers. If you are a subscriber you can read the article in full on researchprofessional.com

Alternatively, Pivot-RP users can log in and view the article via this link.