Go back

Nuclear data: is anyone in charge?

Physical scientists have called on the Science and Technology Facilities Council and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council to decide which of them should fund work on nuclear data.

Funding for nuclear data falls into the gap between the remits of the two councils, researchers say, and it is therefore difficult to know which one they should ask for funding. Fundamental research is covered by the STFC, and more applied topics such as nuclear engineering and waste are handled by the EPSRC. The topic of nuclear data, they say, is homeless.

At an event held at the National Physical Laboratory on 30 October, participants called on the councils to work together to find a solution.

This article on Research Professional News is only available to Research Professional or Pivot-RP users.

Research Professional users can log in and view the article via this link

Pivot-RP users can log in and view the article via this link.