Insight and analysis on the patterns that have shaped global funding over the past decade
In the first report of a series about funding trends by Research Professional News, we look at the patterns that have shaped global research funding over the past decade.
To take a look at this report, launch the dedicated flipbook viewer here. The flipbook can be read as a magazine in your browser on any device, or downloaded as a PDF to read offline.
- The big picture: Global R&D investment and regional trends
- R&D intensity: Research spending as a proportion of GDP
- Public vs private: Government and business funding splits
- Smaller successes: R&D growth in smaller economies
- HE and non-profits: Regional trends in university R&D and non-profit funding
- Discipline trends: Funding patterns by subject